Our Beautiful Brittany

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Post Everyone's Been Waiting For!

I've heard from our Star! I was so excited to hear from her, as I am sure everyone else is as well. True to form, she said she misses all the animals in her life!! She also describes her struggles beginning the physical therapy and adjusting to the trach.

This is the most hardest thing ever. I can't drink anything! No ice, no food, the last time I had a drink was the day I left. The exercise is so hard, I can never breathe.

Brad also wrote to me this morning!

She has some great determination so I know she will get through the tough times.
As for physical therapy, she did some bike peddling yesterday in her room as well as the standard exercises. Today she finally got to walk. Not a great distance, but definitely a start in the right direction. The respiratory therapists told her today that on the next sunny day they would get her outside in the courtyard for a while. That is something to look forward too.


It sounds like they are moving full force forward, getting our girl ready for transplant. She is going to need our encouragement and support now, more than ever. If you can, jot her a note of encouragement, a story about your own struggle, anything to let her know you are with her!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany,
Keep your eyes on the prize! You are a trooper and you will get through this. We'll pray for sunshine so you can go outside and get a tan!!! : )
Hey, I was just remembering the field trip your class went on in
3rd grade and I brought Trever with me - and he fell head over heels in love with you! I just asked him if he remembered it and he said yea, and Brittany was wearing a pink coat! I think you still have a place in his heart!
We love you. And as always you are in our prayers.
Love,
Kristi - Phil, Parker, Shelbi and of course Trever

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear how tough this has been Brittany, but try to stay focused on what is ahead of you (and the good reason for all of your efforts!) Physical therapy is never fun...but SO necessary!

Try to draw strength from the fact that you are inspiring so many people, and that we are in awe of your determination.

Hope you are settling in with the staff and getting used to your team there. Tell your Dad to keep the updates coming - we love to hear about you.

Love,
Anne, Dave and Wilson

Anonymous said...

Hi, Britt!!
You are doing such a great job!
We are all in awe of your determination, and I think of you everytime I complain about ANYTHING! LOL
Listen carefully and you will hear us all cheering for you!!

Love, Pete & Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany!
Sounds like PT is in full force -- May the Force be with you! I can't even imagine how hard it must be but every step is in the right direction of getting you closer to that transplant.

Mutter complaints under your breath but keep your smile on!
Sharon M.

Bonnie Wickham said...

Hey Britt!
I know this is tough, but you are tougher. Look how far you've come! With each passing day, and every little step, you get that much closer to the transplant. And being able to come home. Keep your chin up- you can do it.

Love The Wickhams

Anonymous said...

Hey Britt,
Just a note to let you know we're cheering you on from here. Your drive and determination surely has followed you from the West Coast to the East Coast. Lace up kiddo there is no hill for a climber. We here are all proud of you. You're in our prayers.
Dave and Dana