Our Beautiful Brittany

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Charming Smile

The day started with a loud knock at the door and me jumping out of bed and walking smack into the wall. I started laughing and the guy delivering my room service probably thought I was crazy. I got a pretty big smile out of Brittany when I recounted my morning to her. Boy was I excited to see her smile today.

Today was a little rough for our girl. Her CO2 levels were a bit high today, which makes her pretty sleepy. The nurses and doctors worked most of the day to get her levels back down to her baseline level before I had to leave tonight. She was alert and we chatted about Shorty (my corgi, who absolutely adores Brit!) She was pretty mad that she slept most of the day and didn't get to any physical therapy. I know I might sound like a broken record, but it is so moving how determined she is to get on the transplant list.

Her nurse tonight told me she was soon going to be working on the transplant team. I was excited to start picking her brain on all the things we need to work on. She really wants Brittany to be one of the first patients she will get to work with on transplant. It really made me happy to know she had another nurse who was as caring as the nurses she had out at Children's. Anyone who works with Brit immediately sees her sparkle and charm and can't not like her!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you had one of those high CO2 days, Brittany. Hope you will feel better tomorrow!

Jamie, you will have to brush up on your sign language and teach Britt?!

You two be good!!

Love, Kathy

jonesakc said...

Forget that!! Don't be good :) John would be disappointed to hear that you had done something illicit during your visit. (Sorry Mom, I know you raised us better).

Glad you are there Jamie to give some support to Brit (and Brad & Michelle). Thanks for the steady updates.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you Brittany!

Anne

Unknown said...

GO BRIT!!!! Raise a little Hell!!!! ;) We're with ya'!!!

Aaron

Janine said...

The part at the end is so true...all of us at Children's miss Brittany and know what a special young lady she is...just hope the Duke nurses get to see that sparkle too! I was always trying to get her to go outside...I like that PT is going to get her out there too!

Janine, RN

Anonymous said...

I second (or third, or whatever) what Janine wrote. We check this site and think about you often, Brittany- keep up that spirit we know so well and miss so much!
-Luke Hoffman